Mawrter Musing

It's a jouncing joy-ride…

Promised Posts

It seems as though we have once again reached that moment—the time when I post an entry! Yay! (*grits teeth* “be excited!”) I hath finally gotten to that post I promised (though it took a while…)

The first week of school (yes, I’m going back that far), had a bit of problems for me. That is to say: I dropped one class, changed sections of another, almost got evicted from yet another, and had to speedily audition for multiple music groups. This was (somewhat) stressful for me. I do NOT like Shopping Week.

GIFTo clarify, Shopping Week is the first week of classes when you may visit/”shop” classes to see what you like/don’t like. The alleged benefits are checking without commitment. The problem is when you find something you like, a lot of other people like it, and you get lotteried out. Since I hate being thrown from classes, I don’t shop. Unfortunately, the first week of classes and my own poor planning forced me to quasi-shop.

Luckily, my classes turned out brilliantly. I got into Intro Psych, swapped to a later French section (waking up late, wooo!), and finagled my way  into an intro Cities (Structure and Growth of Cities) class.

YeahThe music scene part of that week was somewhat more convoluted.

I’d wanted to audition for a capella groups before the start of the semester. And I did. I had not necessarily wanted to audition for Chamber Singers (the small Bryn Mawr/Haverford choral group). However, when I began taking voice lessons, I discovered I could only get credit if I was in Chamber Singers or Chorale, and was strongly urged to try for one by my lovely teacher, Clara Rottsolk, I decided to do so. The sign up sheet for Chamber Singers auditions was posted on a board in Goodhart. Somehow, by the grace de Dieu, the times worked out so I could audition for 2 a capella groups AND Chamber Singers in one hour. Saturday dawned, I crawled out to the auditions. I did reasonably well in all of them, worst, I’d say, in the one for Chamber Singers. That is owing to the fact that Tom Lloyd, the director, wanted me to sight-sing. I cannot sight-sing.

Still, I was called back for Chamber Singers and the Night Owls a capella group. Long story short, I went to callbacks, didn’t get into Night Owls, but somehow got into Chamber Singers. Hence, I’ll be getting an extra 1 credit (we usually get 4 per semester)! Life’s pretty good.

Jensen

All this running around made me realize: I really like having eons of junk to do. It somehow keeps me (in)sane—which is the only way I know how to function.

Song of the day/week/post:

Next On Le MaDHoUsE Pour Le Plus Fou: Zubes experiences glorious news, inglorious problems, a prison, and aca-music.

Author: Zubin Hill

The writer from whom posts come.