Mawrter Musing

It's a jouncing joy-ride…

Of Monticello and Offices

Aren’t you all surprised: your trusty blogger decided to come back early. While the chances of human persons (aka non-droids) reading my next fews posts are likely slim, I shall persevere!

Now, I have chosen to address you once more because I’ve had a quite lovely externship opportunity. (Externship = internship for us ordinary folk). I’d arranged it a while back  through the Career and Professional Development Office and their Extern program. It pairs Bi-College students with either Bi-College alums or their parents; sophomores on up can apply. My externship is with Just World Books, a small, internationally-focused publishing business. I’m really hoping it will boost my chances of getting an ace internship/job over the summer.

It has been a real blessing for me. I went from doing this at home (in the company of sisters, but still):

To doing this:

I’m a picture of industriousness. What’s nice is that my fellow workers are kindly. I live in-house with the CEO and will be going on a business trip to Washington, D.C. tomorrow. Things have been pretty tame at Casa-Just World. I researched ebook converters, trolled graphic novel reviewers, and did sundry other tasks.

And, shocker of shockers, I actually seemed to have finished last semester well. Who would’ve guessed? I was pretty sure I’d wallow in a puddle of tears upon seeing my final grades.

However, I just received the syllabus for my Power and Resistance course and BOY does it look like I will be a puddle of tears in two weeks.

Author: Zubin Hill

The writer from whom posts come.